Saturday 24 November 2012

Where my knowledge come from?:)


                                              



Book is always the sources that help us to gain knowledge, if you want to improve yourself you must always take a book beside you. We can learnt vocabulary from any books. Books may also refers to works of literature, or a main division of such a work. In library and information science, a book is called a monograph, to distinguish it from serial periodicals such as magazine, journals or newspapers,and  novels. The body of all written works including books is literature.




In the past, my english is not good and I'm finding a special ways to improve it. One day, my cousin who live in U.S she came back to visit us and she is a dentist, I ask her to improve my english. She show me the way is to read a thicker book and try to understand it and find dictionary if the vocab is so difficult understanding. After that I went to book shop and buy the thicker books that I can found in it. Finally i bought a novel name "Little Dorrit" this book already follow me from 2008 to now, it can be a "antique" but a few pages already drop out.

                        AMY DORRIT                                              
 Amy Dorrit, who spends her days earnig money for her family and looking after her proud father, who is a long term inmate of Marshalsea debtors' prison in London.

                                           

                                     ARTHUR CLENNAM         
Arthur Clennam, who returns from overseas to solve his family's mysterious and discover that Little Dorrit and his lives are interlinked.


                                               

                      WILLIAM DORRIT
Amy's father, William Dorrit has been in debtor's prison for many years, and has turned himself into somewhat of an attraction, being billed "the father of the Marshalsea."
                                  
                                          
                              MRS. CLENNAM
At the helm of the House of Clennam, Mrs. Clennam harbors a secret from her son,  Arthur Clennam.


Synopsis

Amy Dorrit's gentle spirit has never been dampened by the confining walls of the Marshalsea Prison she's lived in her whole life. Despite the dark shadow of debtor's prison, Amy lovingly cares for her father William Dorrit, the longest serving inmate. A possibly redemptive light unexpectedly shines in the form of Arthur Clennam, who has been left with the intriguing threads of a mystery after his father's death — threads that will intertwine his family and fate with the Dorrits. Clennam's exhaustive search for answers involves murder, fortunes gained and lost, the upper echelons and lowest dregs of society, and most surprising of all, a tender romance.

I learnt from this novel

This novel has been teaching me and giving me the knowledge, something that I didn't get it before.  Because this novel is deeply pessimistic about the state of the world and it teach me, "might makes right."

The other things i learnt from the novel is,  shows us a world where almost everyone in some way lives by the "diseased arithmetic" of Gowan or the paranoia of Miss Wade. Believing in the goodness of others is a luxury that tends to punish those who hold the belief.
And also teach me that I need to list "Little Dorrit " as an example, filial to my parents and listen to their order.
It also let me change my mind to treat everyone as my brother and sister, however he or she is not. 
Helps other who really needs my help and think the positive way that i can.  
Amy "Little" Dorrit lives in the Marshalsea to take care her father, who is a long term inmate of Marshalsea debtors' prison in London, William Dorrit. To aid her family, Amy works for stern shut in Mrs. Clennam. And the Mrs. Clennam son, Authur Clennam returns from China after his father's death, haunted by his father's final mysterious words. Is there a long burried family secret and does it somehow involve Amy and her family?

If you want to know more, go and read your own-self......

No comments:

Post a Comment